Contact the members of the Arizona Financial Institutions Committee TODAY.
Ask them to pass SB1439, the sound money bill.
The bill has passed the Senate and needs to get out of committee in the House so it can be voted on by the entire House
It will install constitutional money as a choice for AZ citizens to voluntarily use along-side of, or instead of, the failing Federal Reserve Note (FRN).
Aim your calls and emails for SB1439 at the committee members listed below. Politely but firmly tell them it is a dire necessity that we be prepared against this FRN devaluation of buying power with the Founding Fathers’ constitutional system mentioned in Art. 1, Sec. 10, Clause 1 (“No state shall…make anything except gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts…”)
Thanks for your love of the Constitution!
2013 ROSTER ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPS. FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS COMMITTEE TO DECIDE ON SB1439 (GOLD/ SILVER AS AZ. LEGAL TENDER)
- Lela Alston (D) email@example.com 602-926-5829 Dist.24
- Kate Brophy McGee ® firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-4486 Dist.28 (Chairman)
- Jeff Dial ® email@example.com 602-926-5550 Dist.18
- Rosanna Gabaldon (D) firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-3424 Dist. 2
- Lydia Hernandez (D) email@example.com 602-926-3376 Dist.29
- David Livingston ® firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-4178 Dist.22 (Vice Chairman)
- Darin Mitchell ® email@example.com 602-926-5894 Dist.13
- Steve Smith ® firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5685 Dist.11
SB1439 Legal Tender Act http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/51leg/1r/bills/sb1439p.pdf
The Constitution for the united States is clear:
“No State shall … make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;”
Dear Senator or Representative
Obey the constitution and restore financial soundness by passing SB1439 Legal Tender Act to our country and State and end the roller coaster ride that everyone has been enduring, which has resulted in the loss of homes and wealth by many, by supporting this bill. This will allow many to voluntarily get off the roller coaster by trading using sound money rather than using the private bankrupted fiat Federal Reserve Note, that is no longer redeemable for anything valuable and has already lost 97% of its value. I implore you to move this bill out of committee for a vote on the floor of Arizona house of representatives
Arizona, after Utah, may recognize gold and silver as legal tender authorized for payments of debts and taxes.
The Arizona Senate voted Thursday to approve SB 1439, the Constitutional Tender Act, which allows businesses and the state government to accept payments in gold or silver. The vote was 17-11. (see how reps voted here)
The Legal Tender bill specifies that legal tender in Arizona consists of all of the following:
1. Legal Tender authorized by Congress.
2. Specie (containing gold or silver) coin issued at any time by the U.S. government.
3. Any other specie that a court of competent jurisdiction rules by a final, unappealable order to be within the scope of state authority to make legal tender.
Currently all debts and taxes in Arizona and the rest of the United States are either paid with Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) which were authorized as legal tender by Congress, or with coins issued by the U.S. Treasury — very few of which have gold or silver in them.
The United States Constitution states in Article I, Section 10, “No State shall…make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts.” The Constitutional tender act is a big step towards that constitutional requirement which has been ignored for a long time in every state of the country. Such a tactic would achieve the desired goal of abolishing the Federal Reserve system by attacking it from the bottom up – pulling the rug out from under it by working to make its functions irrelevant at the State and local level.
Passage of the Constitutional Tender Act would introduce currency competition with Federal Reserve Notes. Professor William Greene explains further:
“Over time, as residents of the State use both Federal Reserve Notes and silver and gold coins, the fact that the coins hold their value more than Federal Reserve Notes do will lead to a “reverse Gresham’s Law” effect, where good money (gold and silver coins) will drive out bad money (Federal Reserve Notes). As this happens, a cascade of events can begin to occur, including the flow of real wealth toward the State’s treasury, an influx of banking business from outside of the State – as people in other States carry out their desire to bank with sound money – and an eventual outcry against the use of Federal Reserve Notes for any transactions.”
Once things get to that point, Federal Reserve notes would become largely unwanted and irrelevant for ordinary people. Nullifying the Fed on a state by state level is what will get us there.
Without a single act of Congress, the Federal Reserve system can be brought to its knees by passing such bills in states all over the country.
ACTION ITEMS for Arizona
1. Contact state representative. Strongly, but politely, let them know you want them to vote YES on SB1439. Remind them that you expect them to support the Constitution, and that includes Article 1, Section 10 which says that the state needs to allow gold and silver to be used as legal tender. SB1439 will help facilitate this constitutional duty and you want a YES vote.