BitCoins: Gateway to Doom and Freedom!
Free at Last!
Make no mistake. Thanks to BitCoins, the status quo is doomed – and a new age of freedom is at hand. The tiny elite group of people who run the world today don’t know it yet, but their power is finally at an end. They are like zombies – the walking dead.
For thousands of years the world has been dominated by the power ethic – the notion that might makes right. And for thousands of years those with wealth and power have succeeded in enslaving the rest of humanity – first by brute force and subsequently by taxation and regulation – with our unwitting consent. As of today, it is reported that only three countries in the world do not have central banks controlling their governments: Cuba, North Korea, and Iran. Is that any surprise? Those countries have their own forms of enslavement.
In my previous article, I pointed out that in a BitCoin enhanced world:
- You can buy or sell whatever you wish – with no government imposed prohibitions, no sales tax, and no effective financial surveillance of your transactions.
- You can make a living in your chosen field and not pay an income tax.
- The buying power of your income will more than double, and a single earner will again be able to support a family and look forward to a real retirement.
- You will no longer be subject to any kind of licensing – no driver’s license, no professional license, no building permits, no vehicle registration, no insurance requirements, no fishing license – none of that nonsense.
- You can own property without paying a property tax.
- You can travel freely anywhere in the world without having to deal with the TSA, customs and immigration, border patrols, or passports.
- Protection against dishonest unscrupulous business-people will come from reporting businesses like Angie’s List and Consumer Reports – the perpetrators will be shunned and quickly go out of business.
- Instead of working in a bureaucratic hierarchy, most will choose to work in a trusted Octologue, where everyone has an equal voice and where work usually feels like play. Creativity will flourish.
- In this environment you’ll feel that you belong – that you are no longer isolated and alienated from those around you. The world will feel like home, at last.
The price of all this freedom will be the necessity of learning to be personally responsible for yourself and your family. There will be no “nanny state” to take care of you and tell you how to live your life – but you’ll learn not to need the state – and be better off for it.
A Difficult Transition
In the movie, The Matrix, the character Morpheus says (paraphrasing), “To get through the difficult time ahead, we must first shed our fear of it!” And this is what we face today. Many of us fear the uncertainty of the future – especially knowing that the governments of the world, and the central banks that own them, will not give up their power over us without a fight. In the past century governments are estimated to have slaughtered at least 100,000,000 of their own people – and some estimates run as high as 300,000,000. So why would we expect the elite to hesitate to act similarly today?
To shed our fear of the future – to embrace the possibilities that the future offers, we need to anticipate the likely response of government to the advent of the BitCoin. To that end I am predicting the following steps that governments will take to maintain their power over us by controlling our money:
- The attack on BitCoins by government has already begun. Serious discussions are being held about forcing exchanges to be “regulated” (like banks and money transmitters). And “talking head pundits” are lying about the legitimacy and reality of BitCoins.
- The only parts of the BitCoin system that are vulnerable to government attack are the web-based “exchanges” that facilitate the buying and selling of BitCoins online. To mount this attack the US government is already creating rules that will require BitCoin exchanges to implement the same kind of “know your customers” and “report their transactions” rules that currently apply to commercial banks and money transmitters, like Western Union – thus enabling the government to tax and confiscate BitCoins the way they do dollars. There are, however three reasons why such attacks will fail:
- BitCoins are inherently anonymous. No one knows who owns them and no government edict can force their owners and users to reveal their identities. So BitCoin exchanges that require their customers to reveal their identity will be shunned by the BitCoin community.Our government is much more dangerous than all the terrorists, money launderers, dope peddlers, porn traffickers, and gun runners combined. I suggest we shun the exchanges that allow them to be “regulated” and support the ones that locate in hospitable offshore jurisdictions or who go underground like the Silk Road.
- The second reason such attacks on exchanges will fail is because the creation of an exchange is fairly easy to do – and people around the world will be happy to set up new exchanges faster than governments can shut them down.
- And the third reason attacks on exchanges will fail to destroy the BitCoin economy is that exchanges, while convenient, are not necessary for the success of the BitCoin system. There will always be individual traders around who will buy and sell BitCoins in exchange for the local currency. Let’s support our local BitCoin traders.
- When attacking the exchanges fails to implode the BitCoin economy, the government’s next step will be to outlaw or prohibit the ownership, possession, and use of BitCoins. Remember what they did to Bernard von Nothaus, creator of the Liberty Dollar. He is awaiting sentencing for his conviction on counterfeiting charges – but his real crime wasn’t counterfeiting at all. It was creating a currency that was much better than our phony-bologna Federal Reserve notes – now that’s real counterfeiting!When this stage is reached, the use of BitCoins will be depicted by law enforcement agencies and the mass media as money laundering and the support of terrorism. So it could actually get quite dangerous to be caught having or using BitCoins. Fortunately, the tools exist today that make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for such agencies to make a case against the individual users or dealers of BitCoins – or even to discover who they are.
- A more insidious attack will come from our government’s “Cyber-security” forces that are already being marshaled to go after any online activity deemed a threat to the status quo. They will, no doubt, invent computer viruses, Trojan viruses, and various other forms of “malware” that will search out, report, and destroy BitCoins wherever they are stored – unless we take certain precautions against that eventuality.Fortunately, the precautions are available now – so it behooves us to implement them as soon as we acquire any BitCoins, because the government won’t announce the mounting of such cyber-weapons – they’ll just start using them as they become available.
- And finally, if the patterns observed in previous police states are followed, the mere discussion of BitCoins will be prohibited – let alone their advocacy. Free speech be damned – articles such as this one will be cited as evidence of treason, terrorism, sedition, and/or conspiracy. The First Amendment is dead – long live the First Amendment.